Home > Archive >December 2006/7
Author:jc
email: jc@rugkazbah.com
Thu, Dec 21st, 2006 10:00:24 AM
Topic: December 2006/7

Last year we wrote the other post (RK'S New Year Message) in this TOPIC AREA in the hope it might stimulate some of our fellow Americans to wake-up and realize how quickly our country is being taken down a road our forefathers would never have condoned. We ask you to re-read it and take it to heart once again.

There has been much evidence this progression has continued and, yes, even increased and today even more than last year we all must finally speak out and up to express our outrage and disgust at our government's apparent disregard for the liberties and freedoms America has always stood for and demonstrated.

You will not be alone, as there are many others from all walks of life who have decided not to allow these transgressions to stand uncontested.

They are vocal.

Remember silence is consent.

We read several days ago the message Kirk Douglas, the actor, made public on his 90th Birthday and we reprint it here to share with all of you.

It is a very simple but eloquent statement.

Like Kirk, there are many who know unless we fight for democracy and freedom it will cease to exist.

So please join us and all the others we could mention who, like Kirk, are speaking out against tyranny and those who would replace democracy with autocracy.

Here's Kirk Douglas's message and below it our little virtual Season's Greetings Card.

As it says: MAY 2007 SEE PEACE ON OUR PLANET.

Press Release Source: Kirk Douglas
Kirk Douglas Issues Editorial on His 90th Birthday, Saturday, December 9th
Saturday December 9, 9:00 am ET
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- My name is Kirk Douglas.

You may know me. If you donít ... Google me. I was a movie star and Iím Michael Douglasí dad, Catherine Zeta-Jonesí father-in-law, and the grandparents of their two children. Today I celebrate my 90th birthday.

I have a message to convey to Americaís young people. A 90th birthday is special. In my case, this birthday is not only special but miraculous. I survived World War II, a helicopter crash, a stroke, and two new knees.

Itís a tradition that when a ďbirthday boyĒ stands over his cake he makes a silent wish for his life and then blows out the candles. I have followed that tradition for 89 years but on my 90th birthday, I have decided to rebel. Instead of making a silent wish for myself, I want to make a LOUD wish for THE WORLD.

Letís face it: THE WORLD IS IN A MESS and you are inheriting it. Generation Y, you are on the cusp. You are the group facing many problems: abject poverty, global warming, genocide, AIDS, and suicide bombers to name a few. These problems exist, and the world is silent. We have done very little to solve these problems. Now, we leave it to you. You have to fix it because the situation is intolerable.

You need to rebel, to speak up, write, vote, and care about people and the world you live in. We live in the best country in the world. I know. My parents were Russian immigrants. America is a country where EVERYONE, regardless of race, creed, or age has a chance. I had that chance. You are the generation that is most impacted and the generation that can make a difference.

I love this country because I came from a life of poverty. I was able to work my way through college and go into acting, the field that I love. There is no guarantee in this country that you will be successful. But you always have a chance. Nothing should interfere with it. You have to make sure that nothing stands in the way.

When I blow out my candles -- 90! ... it will take a long time ... but Iíll be thinking of you.

Home   Buy/Sell at the Kazbah   Terms Of Service