Home > dr jon thompson >thompson renowned carpet expert? BULLSNIT
Author:jc
email:
Sun, Feb 2nd, 2014 04:26:57 PM
Topic: thompson renowned carpet expert? BULLSNIT

RK HAS PROVEN dr jon thompson IS NOTHING BUT A CARPET-BAGGING CHARLATAN, WHO HAS PRESENTED FAKE AND PHONY RESEARCH, AND MORE THAN ONCE PUT HIS NAME BEHIND AND VETTED AS GENUINE HIGH PROFILE CARPETS THAT ARE NOW RECOGNIZED AS FAKES AND LATER REPRODUCTIONS.

The following "announcement" was posted on the hali website today. To say it is revolting might be too gentle a rejoinder:

" To coincide with their display of the Ardabil and ‘Coronation’ carpets, which opens tomorrow until January 2010, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art is presenting a special lecture entitled ‘The Remarkable Tale of the Ardabil Carpets’ on Saturday 5 December at 2.00pm. Renowned carpet expert Dr. Jon Thompson will speak about the history of LACMA's Ardabil Carpet and its mate, which is in the collection of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London."

To called thompson a "renowned", rather than disgraced "carpet expert" is nothing but a bullshit charade.

RK has writtten extensively about jon thompson's very public and well known grevious errors and why LACMA will even allow thompson into the museum, let alone as a speaker, is unfathomable.

Let's all remember thompson was one of the idiot experts who vetted and recommended LACMA purchase the bogus late genre period reproduction "bellini" carpet from dennis, the liar and thief, dodds.

YES, that same "bellini" carpet is now lying in LACMA's basement and quite honestly speaking so should jon thompson's reputation be lying there with it.

It is totally outrageous someone of thomspon's checkered career in rugs should be treated as royalty when he deserves to be shunned and ostracized by rugDumb.

Remember jon tompson also vetted as GENUINE a FAKE reproduction "faces" fragment that an important collector bought on his say so.

Also remember thompson's FAKE IMRELI designation and phony research.

NO, NO jon thompson should not be allowed to continue his carpet-bagging nonsense and LACMA should be ashamed of their invitation to have him talk about anything other than why he stupidly recommended LAMCA buy dodds's late genre period reproduction bellini as a genuine circa 1550 example.

Author: jim mcginnis
email: jdmhowl1947@gmail.com
Sun, Feb 2nd, 2014 04:26:57 PM

Sorry, I meant to post this in the turkmen rugs section.

Author: jim mcginnis
email: jdmhowl1947@gmail.com
Sat, Feb 1st, 2014 06:54:57 PM

RK Replies: Thanks for your kind words and we are glad you took the time to post them.

================

Dear Mr. Cassin, I am too new at the appreciation of turkman weavings to have any valid opinions of my own, except to say that I thoroughly enjoy your site and learn much from it. I simply want to say "Keep at it." Thanks, Jim McGinnis

Home   Buy/Sell at the Kazbah   Terms Of Service