Home > Rug, Kelim, Soumak, Textile Post Archive >RK goes under-cover
Author:jc
email:
Sat, Dec 12th, 2009 05:52:06 PM
Topic: RK goes under-cover

Recently, proven liar and cheat, dennis dodds, advertised this kelim on the internet as end of the "19th century".

In our expert opinion this kelim is a reproduction, and as most of you know RK knows something about Anatolian kelims.

But RK will give dodds the benefit of the doubt, as only he really knows, if he knows, this is a repro, or if he is just too dishonest and greedy to admit it.

Read what he wrote in an email exchange RK lured him into after seeing it advertised for sale on rugrabbit dot com.

Of course, dopey dennis dodds did not know he was emailing RK in disguise, as we emailed him from an email address belong to a fictional rug"buyer" named Ted Higgins.

To: "Ted Higgins" thigns@gmx.com
Subject: Re: Anatolian kilim
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009

"Hi Ted...I attach a few more images, front and back of the bottom (fringes) and the top (turned over edge). Note also the turquoise bead attached to one of the knotted tassles. It's very good piece...let me know if you are interested. Dennis"

"Ted" then emailed dennis dodds back the following email message:

"From: "Ted Higgins" thigns@gmx.com
To: "dennisdodds" dennisdodds@juno.com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:06:14 -0500

Dr. Dodds:
Are you sure this kelim is old?

I am not nearly as experienced as you in such matters but, and I do not intend any harm, this kelim looks suspiciously new to me.

Can you please tell me some criteria why you believe it to be 19th century?

Awaiting your answer,
Ted"

The answer dodds wrote "Ted" is as follows:

"Well, I bought it around 1973-4, so it's older than that. And I believe it's older than I am...also, if you go to KILIM, Catalogue No. 1, by Guran Erbek, plate 49, 1988, there is a very similar piece from this region. This is the entry:

Adana Museum, Adana
Inv. Nr. 2635
109x261cm
19th Century
Icel/Mut
Sofa cover

Soon after I bought it, I showed it to my friend Ralph Yohe and also Tony Landreau who were both doing extensive field research in the "Yoruk Triangle". I do not recall either of them suggesting that the piece was 'new', even then. But maybe your intuitions, Ted, are more finely tuned than mine or theirs, or than those of the Adana Museum.

So, you may take your choice. Btw, I am not a physician, nor do I have a Ph.D., so you really needn't address me as "Dr."

Continued good wishes for your studies.
Dennis Dodds"

"Ted" then came out of the box and told dodds he was not "Ted" but actually RK in our answer:

"From: "Ted Higgins" thigns@gmx.com
To: "dennisdodds" dennisdodds@juno.com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:14:10 -0500

OH, WELL YOU'RE A DR OF ASSHOLES, RIGHT DODDS?

THIS KELIM IS NEW AND YOU KNOW IT, YOU CHEAT AND THIEF

JUST ONE MORE NAIL IN DOODS IS A LIAR, A RUG IGNORANT AND A THIEF COFFIN

DO I NEED TO TELL YOU WHO YOU HAVE BEEN EMAILING WITH?

WELL, YOU'RE NOT VERY BRIGHT SO I WILL SAVE YOU FROM STRAINING WHAT MINISCULE CRANIAL CAPACITY YOU HAVE

THIS IS RK, AKA JC, YOU SHITHEAD THIEF

Not surprisingly dennis dodds then immediately wrote us back the following email:

"Thank you. You've just provided another nail in your pathetic coffin and I'm so glad you took my bait. With all your irrational chicanery, you're a moral coward hiding behind fake politeness, pseudo intelligence and a string of aliases a mile long.

Merry Christmas"

Again, just like all cheats and thieves, when caught they resort to playing the victim and pointing their finger at anyone but themselves.

Who does dodds think he is kidding by claiming he did this as bait?

The kelim was advertised by dodds on a public website for all to see, and perhaps purchase.

Of course, dodds could not have known fictitious "Ted" was RK, and if anyone fell for bait it was cheat and thief dodds.

What we did is nothing other than going "under-cover" to get proof of wrong-doing, which is surely not moral cowardice in anyone's book other than a caught red-handed thief grasping at any straw to deflect his guilt.

And proof we did get-- imagine writing such "criteria" to substantiate his kelim is "end of the 19th century".

Then name-dropping Yohe, who is deceased, and Landreau who is so far off the rug scene you can't see him with Mt. Palomar's telescope, takes the cake for chicanery.

The kelim is a reproduction and either dodds knows it, which make him again a cheat and thief or he is just too rug-ignorant to be able to tell a repro from an original.

Regardless, his comical retort "Well it's older than me" is about as stupid as can be.

Here is RK's mince no words reply:

"took your bait? are you suffering delusons again, like your bellini is 16th century?

you are a liar, a thief and a schmuck

COWARD? We're not hiding anything, anyone or anywhere, you chicken shit little piece of shit

next time we meet go put your hands up to us dodds and we will show you the difference between talking and bleeding, you PATHETIC excuse for a man

you wanted to once, remember? but then you ran away and got a security guard who laughed in your ugly face

you are the biggest fraud we have witnessed, and you have the nerve to talk about bait?

you advertised that piece for all comers

you did not know it was JACK CASSIN, you wanted to cheat Ted Higgins, right

that Kelim is a FAKE, be it made yesterday or in 1970

get real you douchebag of bullshit you know nothing and prove it

Anatolian Turkmens? HA HA go blow some more shit out of your arsehole and tell Ted Mast it is perfumed swiss chocolate, you douchebag of bullshit

and you can read about this soon on on RugKazbah.com

so go get your lawyer, try and sue us for slander or defamation

WE have called you a cheat a liar a fraud over 100 times, since 2004, and you have not done a thing

SILENCE IS CONSENT and by your inaction you have substantiated what we say is true, idiot

but, no matter, as no judge no jury would even hear your case -- no one ever was convicted of slander for telling the truth

and if you actually brought a claim, we will counter sue you and end up with the out-house you bought with the money you STOLE FROM LACMA

Go meet us on a stage, big mouth, we offered you 5 grand to see yourself made in public into the schmuck, liar and rug-idiot you are

Once again RK demonstrates for all to see what a liar, pompous arsehole, cheat and rug-ignorant dennis dodds is, and apparently always will be.

Don't you all think it's time to run dodds, his thievery, his deception and his clown act out of rugDUMB?

Author: jc
email:
Sat, Dec 12th, 2009 05:52:06 PM

Please notice in dodds's reply, once he learned "Ted" was RK, he never mentions any belief he might have that the kelim is late 19th century.

His failure to do this implies with strength the fact he knew, and knows, it isn't.

Clearly, this was apparent to RK from the get-go and our branding dodds a cheat and a thief is also something doctor of BS dennis, a true rug-menace, dodds has never tried to dispute or refute.

Just this, let alone his sale to LACMA of that bullshit "bellini", proves what a low-life creep and thief dodds is -- need RK demonstrate it further?

Home   Buy/Sell at the Kazbah   Terms Of Service