Home > Archive >Afshar Khorjin: No Dragon, No Phoenix
Author:jc
email:
Mon, May 9th, 2011 11:47:40 AM
Topic: Afshar Khorjin: No Dragon, No Phoenix

The Afshar pile khorjin-face below was recently offer for sale on the internet by a good friend of ours, Andy Lloyd, from London, England.

Andy is a hard working rug dealer who travels wide and far to find interesting collector pieces and we like and respect him very much.

In describing his khorjin Andy referred to its design as a “dragon/phoenix” one but, as the following will demonstrate, this is not actually what this iconography is all about.

Here is a very old, in fact it is the oldest Persian soumak khorjin we have ever seen in person or published, closely related weaving.

Early Afshar Soumak khorjin; RK Collection; unpublished

There should be no doubt the iconography in these two khorjin is the same and ours is the archetype/prototype for the group to which both belong.

RK has a number of other pictures of similar bags to Andy’s and we could demonstrate the degeneration of the design over at least several weaving generations.

These later bags, like Andy’s, incorporate some other, unrelated designs and this, more than anything, is the reason some collectors refer to them as “dragon/phoenix”.

But, in fact, the origin of this genre of Persian khorjin, pile or soumak, has nothing to do with dragons or phoenix.

When the iconography in our bag is studied carefully it is quite easy to see the roots of the pattern a piece like Andy’s displays.

Author: Us
email:
Mon, May 9th, 2011 11:47:40 AM

Hey squeeky:

Big talk from an anony-mouse.

All we can comment is if RK's an asshole you're what's in one.

Enjoy!

PS: And don't forget RK is big enough to permit a shit-head like you to post your nonsense dribble here, and not only that we allow it to remain just to show exactly who's a man and who's a mouse.

----------------------------

I think you and tribal man are both are both very rich. Don't underesimate yourself JC. You the ultimate king of assholes. How is homelessness in streets of Germany?

Author: Tribal
email: god@rk.cm
Fri, Apr 15th, 2011 04:52:53 PM

RK Replies:

If idiocy was cash you'd be a billionaire.

===========

Hi Jc. You like to know wbo is we, well you dumb idiot; that's me and my momy who still thinks you are cutie pie. Now, you know who we are, then tell us who are you, always, referring to yourself as "we". Don't tell me you are hiding behind somebody we don't know! By the way, how is Frankfurt, or Stuttgart? Say hello from jersy bky and my mom who still thinks you are cute, and Andy is cheating liar dragon, or was it phoenix? Shame on you Andy. You think we at the rugdome are stupid? You English bloke! God bless wherever you are. Keep in touch so we can keep in touch. But don't get too touchy.

Author: tribal
email: jersyboy
Tue, Apr 12th, 2011 07:23:03 PM

RK Replies:

Don't'cha have anything better to do than write in here and make yourself look even stupider than you know you are?

How about going back to playing some inane video game on your iphone or watching the "news" on your TV.

Your babble is boring and you are even more so.

--------------------

JC, ok, we know how smart you are. We admit it. But, you are not the only smart one. Probably, besides my mom and me no one likes you. As far as we know, you have no friends. And, we think that's terrible. But, don't worry my mom thinks you are really cute. We think we should call you cuty dragon, after Andy's dragon afshar. You are right. There is no dragon there, that lier, cheater Englishman. How dare you he? He thinks we are stupid! We and JC will expose you and show the rest of the morans that Andy lied about his dragon. Hey, God bless you where ever you are. Be in touch so we be in touch.

email:
Mon, Apr 11th, 2011 08:38:14 PM

RK Replies:

OK, big-time "tribal", name one person, whose public/online actions are worth rebuking, that we don't pick on.

And don't strain your brain too hard, it might hurt.

PS: Also name one or more acts/statements they have done that deserve rebuke.

PPSS: Who's 'we'?

----------------

Come JC, you know what we mean! Don't yoy? There are csrtain people that you don't question or pick on them no matter wgat they di in dugdom. And, we think that's unfair. That's all. And, PS. My mom saw image of yours from old hali, she thinks you are cute. But, we think she is wrong. By the way, hiw is streets of Frankfurt or stutgart? Wherever you are God bless. I love reading your dug jokes.

email:
Mon, Apr 11th, 2011 07:48:29 AM

RK Replies:

You Again, tribal/tribe?

Come on, anonymouse, what kind of question is that?

You're the big "tribal" man, ain't'cha?

So listen up, jersey-boychik, and then get lost:

For starters RK doubts anyone but your mother is interested in your opinions about anything. And probably she is already bored stiff by your nonsense just like we are...Ahhhh, but then a mother's love hath not RK for thee.

And by the way, gutless, get your tenses right -- anyone goes with is, not are.

Yessshhhh, and you couldn't get it right even though you only wrote one and a half sentences. Back to grammar school for you, meat-head.

--------------------

JC. It seems to me that anyone you are not targeting are from your own tribe. That's really interesting.

Home   Buy/Sell at the Kazbah   Terms Of Service