Home > Turkmen Rugs >munkasci collection @Austria Auction Company
Author:jc
email:
Mon, Apr 20th, 2015 12:28:15 PM
Topic: munkasci collection @Austria Auction Company

Rumors were correct: kurt munkasci is selling his collection at auction.

Udo Langauer's Austria Auction Company, http://austriaauction.com, will be offering munkasci's pieces in May 2015.

Stay tuned for more...

Author: A. Non Nymous
email: blahblahblah.com
Mon, Apr 20th, 2015 12:28:15 PM

RK replies:

You are not the first person to voice such comments about the sale.

But there are others who disagree and expect this sale will go well.

Time will, of course, tell who is right.

RK will be reviewing the results, as our policy of late is to comment only after the sale is finished.

Stay tuned 'til then.

==============

If I were Mr. Munkasci, I would be furious.

The photography of this auction online is the WORST photography I have ever seen. The main photographs are juiced up and make everything look great and then the closeups look like they were shot by a 6 year old in a closet.

I wouldn't bid on anything in this sale without seeing the pieces in person and since I wont be going to Austria, I wont be bidding.

My guess is that between estimates that are too high and the HORRENDOUS photos, this will be a disappointing sale.

Author: jc
email:
Sat, Apr 4th, 2015 01:03:20 PM

The auction catalog of the Munkasci collection sale at Austria Auction Company is now online at liveauctioneers.com.

This is why today we received several emails from readers asking our opinions about certain pieces in the coming auction.

We have answered them in private and will continue to do so but we are not going to preview this sale online or any of the others that are now happening or will happen soon.

RK has grown tired of disseminating our knowledge and opinions online about rugs on offer in coming auctions.

And although for the foreseeable future this is our decision readers should not feel discouraged to email us, but please limit your questions.

Home   Buy/Sell at the Kazbah   Terms Of Service