Home > The Beat Goes On >In Herbert Ostler's foot steps?
Author:jc
email:
Thu, Dec 28th, 2017 06:26:03 AM
Topic: In Herbert Ostler's foot steps?

Cover of Herbert Ostler’s 1980 exhibition catalog/publication “Die TeppichKunst Des Orients Und Die Kunst Moderne ("Rug Art of the Orient and Modern Art")

Baluch rug collector turned soon to be Anatolian rug impressario michael black’s plans to stage an exhibition of "‘Anatolian village rugs’ in conjunction with AB/ex (abstract impressionist) paintings" this summer reminds us of the exhibition Herbert Ostler held in his gallery on Ludwigstrasse in Munich, Germany in 1980.

Ostler memorialized this exhibition with the publication shown above and RK went about locating a copy of the catalog because we do not remember much of what we saw when we attended the opening of the show way back when.

We do, however, remember being quite underwhelmed by what we saw rug wise and looking through the catalog now well reminds us why. The fact this middle 19th century Melas (prayer) rug is the best of the bunch goes the distance to back up our memory.

Melas(prayer) rug page 114

The publication shows Ostler’s comparisons are, as we demonstrate below, blatantly sophmoric and painfully obvious. Visually they reveal little underlying symbiosis between the chosen weavings and paintings. How could they, Ostler was surely not privy to the thoughts of the weavers or painters who produced them.

Besides any purely visual coincidences of color or general form Ostler’s comparisons fall far short of presenting any paradigms that might further explain the reasons for them.

Now then we do not read German and cannot comment on what is said in the text. Maybe we are selling him very short and totally missing some enlightening observations.

Regrettably this might or might not be the case, however, we will have to leave this to those fluent enough with the German language to read the text and provide any of Ostler’s thoughts that might run far deeper than the illustrated comparisons seem to show.

Here are his Chapter titles, a few of which sound genuinely erudite and illuminating, particularly “Art and the aspect of Motivation”, “Art as a Social Phenomenon” and “the Social Principals of Oriental Carpets”

Page 3

And here are a few of the comparisons Ostler offers up.

Left: detail Kazak rug; Right: Joseph Albers “Porta Negre”, 1966

Left: detail Shirvan prayer rug; Right: Wassily Kandinsky “Jedes fur sich” (Each for themselves), 1934

Left: detail Shirvan; Right: Paul Klee “Maske”, 1940

Left: Gendje; Right: Mark Rothko “Rot, Gelb, Blau” (red, yellow, blue)

We must say it is only curiosity what michael black will do and the fact in our opinion the supposed ‘Anatolian village carpets’ we have seen he has acquired are as uninteresting and pedestrian as those in the Ostler exhibition and publication that motivated us to find the Ostler catalog and post this comment.

There is little doubt western artists throughtout the ages have been influenced and dazzled by historic oriental carpets -- their blazing rich colors and mystical intriguing iconographies. This debt is well known and already well rehearsed and documented. But the nascent and intrinsic motivation that might have been shared between artists of warp and weft and those with a brush have never been explained.

How could they, as the weavers of even 19th century carpets like those Ostler pictures, forget the somewhat earlier ones black’s show will allegedly feature, are long gone and with them the artistic and emotional stimulants behind their work.

No doubt the human condition and the travails and triumphs of living are shared experience, both for a weaver working on a loom and an artist working on a canvas. But trying to draw parallel without any real context between works like an Anatolian carpet and a modern painting is a slippery slope that will reduce just about any attempt to navigate it into a crash landing.

Best of luck to michael black and let’s see what, if anything, he will produce besides a deep wake behind his agressive purchases of mostly far less than masterpiece stellar weavings and a resusitation of the banal comparsions Ostler produced.

Author: jc
email:
Thu, Dec 28th, 2017 06:26:03 AM

Whoa, John and Michael.

First who is the author of the post calling RK a "rug dealer" and someone who "only wants to work with people to sell rugs".

This is ridiculously untrue. RK is not a rug dealer per se, nor are we primarily interested in selling rugs to anyone.

We are a researcher and collector, though we have on the past and sure we will in the future occassionally sell a rug or sell our advice and counsel to collectors who hire us.

So let's get this straight, as well as who authored the post below.

Author: John Lewis
email: john_lewis@mac.com
Thu, Dec 28th, 2017 04:51:26 AM

Oh dear __________ you are a fool. he is a rug dealer and only wants to work with people to sell rugs. he calls me every day trying to get me to hire him. and you did call me a charlatan. prove to me you are a real person. Cassin has 100’s of allies names and email names. It amazes me how so many people are fooled by Cassin. and now you are calling me ignorant. Are you the guy who sells the new rug crap on EBay?

Thu, Dec 28th, 2017 04:41:56 AM

I did not call you a charlatan. I was merely pointing out that Jack Cassin (BTW - I have never met him) calls-out charlatans and others who have a lot less knowledge of rugs than he has. Yes, he may upset some people but he clearly has no desire to ingratiate himself and "does it really matter?" Any comments about old rugs are opinions and "like assholes everybody has one”. Jack Cassin’s opinions though are probably more informed than any other commentators out there. Calling him “Too Stupid” merely betrays your ignorance. I am John Lewis - a real person and not Jack Cassin. On 28 Dec 2017, at 12:00, Michael Black wrote: why do you call me a charlatan? who are you? are you a real person or just Jack “Too Stupid” Cassin. what have I professed that you think is not true? I do not profess anything with regard to the textiles.

email:
Thu, Dec 28th, 2017 04:11:48 AM

As usual, Mr Black, your myopic understanding and even more miniscule knowledge of what the so-called rug world is or is not can only be called huge.

You profess to know nothing about it, so why do you think trying to assess what RK has done and does accomplish is anything better than your itsy-bitsy ability to find and acquire important, early Anatolian rugs?

Quit worrying what RK is all about and concentrate on trying to succeed and not fail in your rug world experiences.

And although we need not defend against your "stoopid" comments, including alluding to John Lewis being a strawman which is something he surely isn't, we can categorically state RK would not bother for all the tea in china to repair our relations with the plethora of ruggie morons who have crossed our path and proven themselves to be not only less than average but raging A-holes whose ideas of comaraderie, friendship, honesty and business ethics are proof positive they are not worth pissing on if they were on fire.

You have it seems conversed with many of them and regrettably for you believe the trash-talk and BS they spout about RK.

Sorry, Blackie, but if you believe them you are even more the lost Bo Peep than we have imagined.

Author: michael black
email: michael.black@me.com
Thu, Dec 28th, 2017 03:55:33 AM

Hi Jack Ass. I have to say you miss the point. What you should take away form this discussion is not about the weavings but about yourself. You need to clean up your act. Try to function in the small arena you have chosen. Interact with the people who matter in your rug world. I am not in this arena but for a small bit of flavor for the Contemporary Art i buy and sell. This is your world and you seem to profess to be a expert in the field. You should be able to function better in it and be successful and eventually be able to use your own name when you contact people and not be a pariah. I have my area of expertise and I navigate successfully in it for the most part. The rugs are your world and you are a disfunction cog in this arena. It is not too late to ask forgiveness. If not you can come in John Lewis's mouth (if he is a real person).

email:
Wed, Dec 27th, 2017 01:12:30 PM

Ciao, Michael, and welcome once again to RugKazbah.com a website where anything goes, even your calling us 'too stupid'.

But just because we allow you and other RK haters to try and sully us, our collection, our knowledge and research with BS and innuendo doesn’t mean we are in any way what you falsely claim.

In fact our allowing this shows we are far larger a person than someone like you. Someone, so hurt by our dismissal of your attempts to get us to work for you, you still feel the pain and need to express it.

Why else would you come here other than to assuage your rejected and bruised ego?

You surely cannot discuss Anatolian rugs with us as you have not even a modicum of knoweldge about them. Your purchases, as we have clearly demonstrated, prove this hands down.

So you take the low road and pretend a rasher of illusionary accusations are fact when, in fact, they are nothing but dumbass attempts to make yourself feel better.

Besides showing how mediocre and second-rate your purchases are and have been, you quite honestly are a waste of our time.

We have well over five hundred emails from you and, while most are short and say next to nothing or are full of bravado and trash-talk, in a select few you are honest enough to both acknowledge our preeminent position and your envy of our research and collection.

Maybe on those days your medicine was correctly administered, or who knows what else caused those moments of clarity and truth you suffered. RK doesn’t care enough to want to know. Nor do we care what you think about us, but you dearly care what we think about you. This is obvious as the nose on your face.

Plus, we already know enough about you. To wit our characterizing you an overbearing, paranoid, control freak whose delusional diatribes in our direction are motivated by RK’s refusal to play your game.

So face reality here, Michael. Regardless of how much money you have, or can spend from other people’s bank accounts, you do not know fuckall about Anatolian rugs. Or for that matter any other types, even Baluchs.

You have displayed your dead-eye to RK innumerable times in those more than 500 emails, and if you try to deny this we will bury you in your own words.

You have sent us many pictures for our appraisal but when we finally told you no more free advice the veneer of civility immediately peeled away and the irritable, obnoxious disappointed greedy creep you can quite easily become came shining through.

So please don’t waste everybody’s time in trying to play mr nice guy, something you surely ain’t.

Unlike the personal vendetta against RK this turn of events initiated and now has caused you to go public, the only reason we have written about you is to demonstrate the prima facie fallacy you and others have tried to prove: Money can buy great rugs.

This, like the check’s in the mail and I won’t come in your mouth, is such a well-proven non sequitur it requires hardly any effort to substantiate.

Armchair carpet collectors, except a less than a few one can count on one hand, have never gotten their money’s worth and have always ended up buying a bunch of mediocre, second-rate weavings under the belief they were buying the best.

This is you, Blackie, a delusional glutton whose checkbook waving hasn’t gotten you just about anything but near misses, losers and worse(hello Shanbo).

Sure, you might be able to sell them to your gullible painting clients, but this is, as we have already said, a type of thievery that is unbecoming as well as rampant in rugDumb. So, I guess, you’re in the club now but this is nothing to be proud of – say hello to dennis dodds maybe he can give you some lessons in fleecing the naïve and trusting.

Actually and by the way you bore RK with your dullard sophistic insinuations. Try and up your game if you want to continue.

And speaking of upping your game we did note your acknowledgement we have spurred you on to learn more about Anatolian carpets. However cracking the books, many of which we reccommended you purchase, even if you read them and not just look at the pictures, will not give you the knowledge you need to remedy your dead as a doornail eye.

You are far too spoiled believing your eye, your aesthetics, and your opinions are above comment, forget about the ludicrous trash-talk yours are superior to ours. To reiterate an old phrase of our “We forgot more than you will ever know.”

Likewise, let RK suggest you either go roger someone else’s leg or get serious, and not only show RK but our readers as well the supposed masterpieces you have bought.

More importantly tell us all why you believe they are great. After all, we all love a good story.

Talk is cheap, Michael, and so far your track record (the krikor, the burns and the Aleander rugs you have bought) doesn’t demonstrate astute buying. You claim to have bought many more rugs, so let’s put up or shut up.

Wed, Dec 27th, 2017 11:17:47 AM

For years Jack has been calling-out charlatans and I have yet to see anyone else provide such incisive analysis of rugs.

Wed, Dec 27th, 2017 07:26:32 AM

Jack "Too Stupid" Cassin if you purport to be so much of an expert and arbiter of rug dumb taste why are you such a loser. What have you actually done but build your own website and online weaving art museum and then harass everybody else in the rug dumb world. You claim that everybody has screwed you and left you out of the party; albeit a small party at best. Why do you have no home and live like a hobo? Why do you have so many alias names when you contact rug people? Why are you hated in the rug world? why why why Jack "Too Stupid" Cassin? Why? Jack "Too Stupid" Cassin you are the problem and my purchases must really irritate you due to the fact you had nothing to do with them or benefit financially from them. I always go with my gut and my gut says the weavings I have acquired are perfect for my projects even if Jack "Too Stupid" disagrees. If I made mistakes in the pieces I purchased then I am a big boy and will face the consequences. At the end of the day it has to be fun and engaging and i have had plenty of fun with my tangential relationship with the weaving community. That is the basis to my expositions and my business model; fun and little hope for profit. Unfortunately you take the fun out of the process but make me more diligent in my study of the medium. so in effect your negativity make me more aware of the weaving markets and aesthetics. So i thank you Jack "Too Stupid' for making me work harder on my game. Too bad you are a loser and will always be a loser. Look in the mirror and realize it is you not everybody else who is at fault. You blame others for your problems when it is right there in front of you. You are the problem and it has always been that way. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to Jack "The Grinch" who stole the fun out of rug dumb.

Wed, Dec 27th, 2017 05:14:39 AM

Jack Ass "Too Stupid" Cassin i am not doing any rug/ painting show in Southampton but for you and your philistine followers the gallery I have curated shows in the past in Southampton Is Jeff Lincoln Collective. Check out the shows i have done and see if you can make sense of any of it. Jack to set the record straight I am not going to work with you or have you work for me as my advisor. Stop calling me to beg for forgiveness. You need to educate yourself in aesthetics and sensitivity first. You are damaged goods. My shows will be done in a major NY Galleries not in Southampton, NY. You are not invited but i will send you images. Anyway how would you get there you do not live in the States.

email:
Mon, Dec 25th, 2017 04:09:34 PM

Hey There Michael Black:

Again you're off in the deep end of the pool, not the kiddie pool where you belong. Let RK's comments in bold type below set you straight once more.

---------------------------------

Lets face it Jack "Too Stupid", you really miss the point on all fronts.
Fact remains, if anyone is missing the point on all front it is you, Mr. Black. Let RK explain below

This is my show for me; not you.
RK knows you are being tres disingenuous here, as well as elsewhere in your fractured fairy tale depiction of what you are doing. First off no one puts on a show in a gallery for themselves. You can do that at home: in your livingroom, bedroom or basement no need for a gallery. And the fact you have already stated your 'show' will be in an "important gallery" in Southampton, Long island this summer makes mockery of your 'I am only doing it for me' epithet. Sorry, bub, you are doing it for your clients, who will be able to purchase your paintings and presumably your weavings. So please, Blackie, cut the shit. Frankly we don't believe you even could if you wanted to because you are so full of yourself you have lost the ability to discern fact from pulp fiction.

It has nothing to do with you or your thoughts or ideas. They are my weaving and my paintings and my party which you are not invited.
Of course your 'show' has nothing to do with RK. We never said or intimated it did. What we have said from the beginning is with our help you would be acquiring genuinely early and great Anatolian weavings, not the later, boring flaccid and derivative ones you have so far purchased. OK, you got the pink panther, congrats. But it is the only weaving of all those we have seen you purchase that we would have authorized.

Your aesthetics do not jive with mine.
Naturally RK's aesthetics do not jive with yours. Ours are oriented to identify and appreciate masterpiece early carpets, something yours so far have not only no ability to recognize, they quite honestly from what you have proven to us never will. You are a permanent, hopeless dead-eye when it comes to weavings, and since they appear to presently be the main event in your collecting universe you are doomed from the get-go.

You are a matcher trying to understand the ethnographic meaning; I could care less about this.
Again you miss the point. RK is no matcher, nor are we particularly interested in the ethnographic 'meaning'. We are interested in the corrolation certain iconography found on the earliest weavings has with archaelogical objects, as well as with other weavings. But we are no fan of trying to sort out 'ethnographic meaning'. So again, Mr dead-eye Black, your misstatements and mischaracterizations of RK demonstrate the fallacies and weakness of your positions vis-a-vis who and what we are. You have no clue and are clueless how to even realize who and what we are.

My focus is on the aesthetics solely and the power of the finished product; does it have a soul and an energy.
Listen up dead-eye Blachowitz, RK has been on public record talking about the soulful qualities of certain weavings and their spiritual energy for three decades. You are a johnny-come-lately to that party. Also FYI aesthetic judgements are basically nothing but opinions. They are not objective, they are subjective. And sorry for you, Mr Black, but the so-called Anatolian village weavings you now own have no aesthetic qualities any connoisseur of the subject would validate. Long ago RK asked you if in your C/A dealing you had a client who bought a painting you sold him and then exhibited it upside down because he liked it that way claiming his aesthetics were better than the artists. This is where you are at, bub. You know absolutely nothing about early Anatolian weavings and the ones you have acquired, at least those we know about, are dead, lifeless mediocrities regardless of your alleged superior aesthetics and mythical abilities to identify 'soul' and 'power'.

You are all wrapped up in what it all means. Is it a goddess or a deer or a fertility symbol or a good luck charm.
There you go again inventing nonsensical accusations about us. FYI we NEVER have been among those who you might rightfully make such statements. Our research has nothing to do with objectifying or explaining the vast quantify of unexplainable carpet designs. We collect archetypes and our research has identified a very small number of important icon which can be objectified, but the wholesale gamut you are trying to hang around our neck is nothing but more of your trash-talking BS.

I also prefer the village feel and you do not really associate with this; hence you dissing the baluch pieces you say are derivative.
You prefer the'village feel'? Don't make RK laugh. What you call 'village feel' is nothing but flaccid, immature attempts to regurgitate weaving iconography done by weavers who are so far separated from the historic weaving culutre they could hardly find it with a GPS device. Plus, since you have no expertise, forget even cursory understanding of the history and historic roots of carpet iconography, you too are as lost as Liitle Boo Peep when it comes to understanding what a weaving is all about. You can like what you want. This is your perogative, your right to have an opinion. But you have no leg to stand on when you claim your likes, your opinions, your aesthetics and your mythical ability to recognize soul vibe and power are anything but personal subjective value judgements that are far, far removed from any reality of carpet appreciation.

Well everything is derivative to some level and i agree the baluch pieces are highly derivative but they have a feel and energy i enjoy; I enjoy ; Not Jack "Too Stupid" but me.
Once more the weakness of your arguments is there for all to see. If you agree Balouch weavings are derivative -- and they surely are and can easily be proven to be -- why then have you tried to argue they are not. And BTW not only are your Balouch weavings derivative, so are almost all of the so-called Anatolian village rugs you have bought. You are skating on thin ice, Blackie, and the weight of your bogus arguments will far sooner than later put you underwater.

Not you. Get it jack "Too Stupid".
RK got it from the get-go. You are a defensive paranoid whose huge insecurities concerning the carpets you are buying and collecting prevents you from accepting your dead-eye status and complete helplessness when it comes to knowing what to buy and what to pay for it. This is where you need help, desperately. So go ahead on your own, with the lame pinhead pundit advisors who have already gotten you a bunch of lesser boring lame weavings. And, like the client who wants to hang Pollacks and deKoonings upside down because he knows more then they did, make a fool of yourself in front of the few people who are expert enough to realize what a clownshow you will produce. You can fool the ignorant and the blind. They will clap and applaud you, and maybe even open their wallets wide. But there will be no lasting result of your 'show'. Just like Ostler's, it will immediately be regarded as folly; quickly forgotten as used chewing gum, and in the end worthless as empty beer bottles.

email: michael.blaack@me.com
Mon, Dec 25th, 2017 09:14:01 AM

Lets face it Jack "Too Stupid", you really miss the point on all fronts. This is my show for me; not you. It has nothing to do with you or your thoughts or ideas. They are my weaving and my paintings and my party which you are not invited. Your aesthetics do not jive with mine. You are a matcher trying to understand the ethnographic meaning; I could care less about this. My focus is on the aesthetics solely and the power of the finished product; does it have a soul and an energy. You are all wrapped up in what it all means. Is it a goddess or a deer or a fertility symbol or a good luck charm. I also prefer the village feel and you do not really associate with this; hence you dissing the baluch pieces you say are derivative. Well everything is derivative to some level and i agree the baluch pieces are highly derivative but they have a feel and energy i enjoy; I enjoy ; Not Jack "Too Stupid" but me. Not you. Get it jack "Too Stupid".

email:
Sun, Dec 24th, 2017 11:15:57 AM

RK Replies:

Let RK add some truth and light to your comments, Michael.

And while we are sure you will interpret them as incorrectly as you have in trying to blacken RK with a rash of completely ridiculous assertions we still feel the need to respond.

Our comments below in bold type.

---------------------------

My show will be about the power of the iconography; that is all.
A very apt and pertinent topic, one that is rarely approached in rug collecting and studies.

I want to see for myself if the weavings can hold up to the paintings on the wall in a gallery.
Well, that all depends on what weavings you display. As far as RK is concerned with the right weavings even the greatest masterpieces of C/A (contemporary art) will only equal them, surely not leave them in the dust. But regrettably, Michael, the only weaving we know you have acquired that would be able to hold its own is the "pink panther" from the Alexander collection. The rest of his rugs, as well as those from burns and markarian are not nearly as potent. And that is a big understatement on our part. Frankly they are nothing but flabby, derivative, mute copies; and even mediocre C/A will leave them in the dust with little difficulty.

It is a facile exercise like your understandings of aesthetics.
Seems your understanding of grammer and content in this sentence is sorely lacking. RK does not claim any understanding of C/A but we do have a proven decades long track record of aesthetic understanding of oriental carpets, something you, Mr Black, not only cannot claim -- you cannot even infer. So if anyone is lacking 'tis thee, dear boy.

But one I can facilitate as i have the Anatolian village rugs and the paintings.
If your paintings are as mediocre and derivative as all the burns, markarian and most of the Alexander rugs then they will not outshine them. However, if your claims to have first class and important C/A then it will be no contest, the weaving will look wilted, sick and lame.

The show will be by appointment as you have spoiled my desire to share with philistines. Once again Jack "Too Stupid" Cassin you have ruined the party for all.
The very fact you call anyone who will not be on your 'invite list' a philistine speaks volumes to deny your proclamations RK has had any part in what you claim. And as far as 'ruining the party for all' this, too, is blatantly absurd and clearly demonstrates your ever growing RK hate and hostility.

I will also do a show with my Baluch weavings that will be called "The Night Sky" encompassing many of the Minha Kani type pieces with paintings, photographs and decorative arts that have the "darkness of the night" feel. I will go back as far as the 16th century with the artworks.
You have shown me a number of your best Belouch weaving and many of them are accomplished. However, compared to great Turkmen, Anatolian and trans-Caucasian weavings they not only don't hold their ground, they are completely overwhelmed and nullified. Again with even good paintings, forget great ones, your warm and fuzzy Belouch weavings will look limp and impotent.

Another show by appointment only; as you have done with John Taylor's celebrated site"Rugtracker" made it private.
The reason(s) john taylor made his blog private members only, it was never a website, was because RK embarrassed him and he was unable to face that embarrassment and the greater fact he deserved it. So please now, Blackie, get it straight and quit blaming RK for actions that you are both grossly misstating and absurdly mistaken. Taylor got payback for his unprovoked actions, and all RK did is react to his having provoked us. Only a prejudiced RK hater could possibly blame us and concoct such a ridiculous accusation.

You just ruin every party Jack "Too Stupid" Cassin.
Your spiel is more trash talking, you are an intelligent guy -- start acting like one and quit your RK vendetta that is based on our refusal to have anything to do with you unless you paid for what our counsel, advice and expertise is worth.

You are a hondler, a cheapskate, an over-bearing control freak who is completely out of his element when it comes to trying to form a collection of early masterpiece Anatolian weavings, and then attempt to exhibit them with completely unrelated C/A painting.

And BTW hiding what you will supposedly do behind the smoke-screen of 'invitation only', and blaming RK for it, is about as cheap a shot as blaming the dog for eating your homework.

Quite honestly it reeks of the fear you must have to let experienced experts, critics and knowledgeable collectors -- those you call 'philistines' -- see and comment on your efforts.

Time will tell, Blackie, and remember there are no secrets.

Eventually everything sees the light of day, and so will yours.

Sun, Dec 24th, 2017 04:45:06 AM

My show will be about the power of the iconography; that is all. I want to see for myself if the weavings can hold up to the paintings on the wall in a gallery. it is a facile exercise like your understandings of aesthetics. But one I can facilitate as i have the Anatolian village rugs and the paintings. The show will be by appointment as you have spoiled my desire to share with philistines. Once again Jack "Too Stupid" Cassin you have ruined the party for all. I will also do a show with my Baluch weavings that will be called "The Night Sky" encompassing many of the Minha Kani type pieces with paintings, photographs and decorative arts that have the "darkness of the night" feel. I will go back as far as the 16th century with the artworks. Another show by appointment only; as you have done with John Taylor's celebrated site"Rugtracker" made it private. You just ruin every party Jack "Too Stupid" Cassin.

email:
Sun, Dec 17th, 2017 08:17:58 AM

Greetings Michael:

Glad we can agree on something, well at least in your perspective. Though, in mine, RK knows there are many other areas of agreement we share thanks to all the emails we have exchanged and the long conversations we have had.

Since RK has not been able to read the Ostler text, and hope we are not wrong but we believe neither have you, perhaps both of our dissing his publication might be premature.

To remedy this and should you be interested in having it translated, RK will be glad to send you the book. The text is, as you can see from the index, just shy of 100 pages but the typeface is huge and there are not more than 200 words or so per page.

Anyway, there an open offer for you.

And since RK has already expressed our curiosity would you be interested in previewing what and how you intend to go about comparing AB/ex paintings to the weavings you have recently acquired?

RK is sure we are not the only one who might be interested.

BTW the "too stupid" meme you foolishly insist on reiterating is far from becoming, not for us, for you as everyone knows RK is far from "too stupid".

Ball's in your court...

Sun, Dec 17th, 2017 07:02:40 AM

Agreed: Jack "Too Stupid" Cassin is correct this publication is a moronic compendium of matching imagery. Waste of paper and time. For once I agree with Jack "Too Stupid" Cassin in his assessment of the book.

Author: cwk Sat, Dec 16th, 2017 11:08:01 AM

gestalterisch is difficult to translate I think. Usually 'creative', but here more in sense of shaping, forming, perhaps design (but not social).

Home   Buy/Sell at the Kazbah   Terms Of Service